24 May 2011

Twenty-five

I'm turning 25. In order to avoid the inevitable quarter-life crisis, I've decided to take stock of what I've done so far. A lot of people make to-do lists, but the thought of a "to do before 30" list makes me nauseous, and I'd like to celebrate the fact that I've lived a pretty sweet 25 years, rather than speculate what the next five might be like. So here's to writing again, and here's to sharing my accomplishments and reveling in how awesome I am.

My life, in no particular order.





  • Lived in a foreign country (Vietnam!)




  • Kept a blog




  • Taught English




  • Taught dance




  • Worked a 9-5




  • Kept someone elses schedule.




  • Fallen in love. Twice.




  • Sang on stage with my favorite cover band (thanks Bearfight)




  • Sang on stage at a Cabaret club in NYC (Don't Tell Mama's)




  • Sang karaoke. So much karaoke.




  • Backpacked for 6 weeks throughout Southeast Asia. By myself.




  • Fed an elephant




  • Let a monkey eat a pineapple off of my leg.




  • Rode horseback on the beach during sunset in Mexico




  • Been to New Orleans for Halloween. Twice.




  • Participated in a city-wide pillow fight.




  • Seen the Red Sox, Celtics, Bruins and Yankees play at their home field/court.




  • Boston Beer Marathon. ('07, '08 & '09) Self Appointed Team Captain.




  • Walked across the Brooklyn Bridge.




  • Driven cross country (America)




  • Toured with a band as a merch girl (see above/Charlotte Sometimes)




  • Been to 10 countries, and counting!




  • Gone on 2 service trips. Built a playground for a primary school in St. Elizabeth, Jamaica and built a bus stop in Otavalo, Ecuador.




  • Worked for the Boston Music Awards in '06 and '07




  • Attended Music Festivals. Bonnaroo ('05, '06, '07 and '10) Some Kind of Jam ('11)




  • Seen more live shows than I can count.




  • Read more books than I can list.




  • Lost a best friend




  • Stuck up for myself (see above)




  • Ran a 5k




  • Ran a 4.2m




  • Graduated Cum Laude from Northeastern University with a BS in Music Industry and a minor in Business Administration.




  • Make a killer spinach dip for every party I go to.




  • Practice yoga as much as possible.



On the horizon / in process :




  • Climb Mt. Washington (July)




  • Run 4 more 4.2m races in Cambridge and 2 more 5K races in Boston by the end of September




  • Gathering of the Vibes '11 (July)




  • Move in with boyfriend (hello, Somerville! September)




  • Masters degree in Nonprofit Management with a specialization in Global Studies (April '12)




  • Learning how to play the drums. Just for fun.




  • Learning to hula-hoop!



Dreaming Big





  • Burning man




  • Live in another foreign country




  • Learn Spanish





*Disclaimer, I have the right to edit this as I see fit. Also, this list is 99.9% post college, so everything on here has happened no earlier than 2004, except singing in NYC which was around '02/'03, but I couldn't possibly leave that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment