27 July 2011

I'm doing it. I'm applying for new jobs. The reality of my situation is that I don't technically have a boss right now, and while I am taking advantage of my down time at work to do homework for the three classes I'm taking (oy) I feel utterly useless. I'm capable of a hell of a lot more than I'm actually responsible for, even when I did have a boss. I keep searching online and finding all of these amazing opportunities but not doing anything about it because I "can't" leave yet. Then I realized that I am the one who made that up, and I actually can leave whenever I want to. I found a job that is located in NYC or San Fransisco [my choice], including 25% travel. Is that a sign or what? I'm writing it down here and it putting it out into the Universe so that someone hears it. I want this job.

I fully intend on working at a nonprofit and would love to work in the Education sector, and it took me a really long time to make that decision. I'm so ready to move, and I'm so ready to take the next step in my professional life. I feel as though everything that has happened the last few months has given me the resiliency and the detachment to make a decision for myself. To do what is best for me, based on my opinions and my ideals only. I like living in cities. I am happily willing to pay more for the opportunity to live in a vibrant area where I can rely on public transportation and as I once heard someone say, "never live anywhere where you can't walk to get a gallon of milk." I thrive on having the freedom of a city.

I have amazing friends, and I'll be sad to say goodbye. But what I've come to realize is that I have close friends all over the country, and in different parts of the world. To know that I can go to NYC, California, DC, Miami, Spain, London, Wales or Vietnam at the drop of a hat and have a place to stay with open arms sometimes just blows my mind. We are so fortunate to be able to fly anywhere in the world to see the people we love. I might be leaving Boston physically, but I certainly won't lose any of my friends. Not the good ones, anyway :)


"After all, things change, so do cities, people come into your life and they go. But it's comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart... and if you're very lucky, a plane ride away” - Sex in the City.

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to live in San Fran, too!
    Good luck, crossing my fingers for you.

    ReplyDelete