12 October 2011

“Happiness equals reality minus expectations” Tom Magliozzi

I read A LOT. I think I read too much. Not books or homework, but blogs and advice and self-help type of posts. I sign up for every newsletter. I read more advice than I know what to do with and most of the time I just skim through the details. Most of the newsletters I delete after skimming through the headlines. If I get anything out of any of this, I certainly don't practice it. I just keep reading. Instead of sitting on facebook I'm now incessantly on google reader and gmail. I need to figure this out. I need to sort through the crap and keep to the basics. I need to spend more time on things that are important to me and less time wanting to read EVERYTHING. This is what the internet does. We have access to anything and everything and we are on information overload. I love that I can find anything I need or want at any given moment. But there needs to be some sort of filter, some sort of rhyme and reason for what I spend my time on, hopefully making more time for myself and things I really do care about.

More happiness, less expectations. It's related, I swear.

No comments:

Post a Comment