31 December 2011

2012





As I sit here in my bling sipping a blue moon before I head out to celebrate with my oldest friends, I'm taking a moment breathe. To think about all that 2011 has brought me and all that 2012 has in store. Apparently, or rather against my will, 2011 was meant to teach me things I didn't want to learn. Loss, grief, moving on, letting go, forgiveness, friendship, loyalties, and most of all to take negative emotions, bundle them up, throw them away, and move on. Then, to not let other people hold you back and to follow your dreams. As unwelcome as many of those things were, that's a whole hell of a lot of lessons in one year. And I am so, so thankful. The best part? Even through all the crap, 2011 brought a whole lot of fun.

January - Honestly, I can't remember anything from this month. Reeling off of a Christmas trip / Yoga retreat in Mexico and a NYE at home, me and the ex probably just laid low for a few.
February - Philadelphia. Explored an old city in a new way. Met new friends and saw old ones. Great weekend.
March - Ecuador. An Alternative spring break trip with 12 amazing Northeastern students. We built a bus stop, organized a library, and helped out at a tree farm. We hiked, ate cuy, shared moments. An amazing journey.
April - Some Kind of Jam. Small music festival in Pennsylvania. Great friends, good music. Nothing better.
May - Transitions.
June - Birthday month. Enough said. Dispatch in concert.
July - My favorite holiday in my favorite place. Hiked Mt. Washington - Biggest accomplishment of the year. Also, Gathering of the Vibes. Big music festival in CT. Again - Great friends, good music. Nothing better. Favorite month.
August - I can't think of anything in particular that happened in August. I'll chalk it up to a great summer; Ptown, Jersey Shore, NYC - friends, family, love. Grace Potter and Stevie Nicks in concert [not together].
September - Hiking 3 peaks and camping in Acadia, ME. Absolutely amazing and beautiful. Big Gigantic and Pretty Lights in concert.
October - Halloween in Vegas. Hiking Red Rock Canyons. Visiting Michelle's place in Bakersfield. Reuniting with my cousin in LA. Hiking to the Hollywood sign.
November - Getting accepted to Not for Sale and deciding to move to California. Thanksgiving, long overdue time with my brother. Dark Star Orchestra in concert.
December - Fun. Surprising outcomes and happy celebrations. Life renewing itself, even among my seemingly never-ending funk. Disco Biscuits in concert.


Intentions for 2012:

Be my best self; be a better friend, sister, daughter.
Be kind.
Be creative.
Smile often, laugh much.

Happy New Years!!

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't Big Gi cool in concert? You accomplished so much this year. So much traveling. An inspiration. Safe trip to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were AWESOME. So much fun. Thanks... see you there?! :)

    ReplyDelete