09 December 2011

Album of the month: Since I first heard the album, sometime in my first year living in Boston with a crazy roommate who also loved music, I knew that Jack’s Mannequin’s Everything in Transit would be the soundtrack to my life when I moved to California. Now that it’s actually happening, I’ve revisted the album and just get so pumped every time I listen to it – I even deleted a Grateful Dead album off of my iPod so there was room to add it, so you know it must be serious. Every song gets me excited about the move, the lifestyle, the opportunities, and even the sadness of leaving certain things behind. I’m Ready and La La Lie are two favorites, but you should really listen to the whol album if you don’t know it.

"Oh, it's a picture of perfection / Ah, and the postcards gonna read / Fuck yeah we can live like this... / We can live like this"

Song of moment: Sitting on the Dock of the Bay. Why? Because I'm headed for the 'Frisco bay. You'd be surprised how many songs there are about moving to California. I may or may not post all of them. Suggestions welcome.

Quote of the last six months of the year: “Walk away from good-enough, in search of can’t-live-without.” See ya Beantown! 13 more days till I pack it all up…

No comments:

Post a Comment