21 March 2012

Before I post this next quote I want to preface it by saying I'm not as sad as this blog may refer to. I mostly post things that I want to keep a record of or refer back to when I am bummed out. This quote moved me and is something that I want to remember not only when grieving, but dealing with every emotion. I tend to put things in the back of my head and internalize until I can't take it anymore and I explode into a disaster of emotions. But hey, admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? Today I'm thankful for my girlfriends. For amazing friends on both sides of the country who will let me come over in a moments notice, spend the night when I don't want to go home, listen to me vent and stress out about things I shouldn't be stressing out about, and crawl into bed crying (no, this hasn't happened again Marisa... just still grateful for that :) I'm fairly happy but staying introspective and figuring out the way things work and where I fit in this crazy world. I will say one thing though... I think I belong on this coast.

___________________________

Denying grief its power squelches your vitality. You can dream and laugh and march on, but until you swallow the bitter tea that grief has brewed, things won't be as vibrant or grounded as they could be. And that's half dead. Recognize where you are numb. Notice the memories that ouch the most. This is the beginning of response-ability. - Danielle LaPorte


No comments:

Post a Comment