26 October 2009

It is perfect fall weather. A little bit of chill, a little bit of sunshine, a lot of confusion in New England (what with the snow, and then the 70 degree week that followed.) But that's just another quirk you grow to love here. Take the bad with the good, and so far it's been great! The leaves are changing colors and falling and everything is pumpkin flavored... nothing to complain about here.

Yesterday I had a great girls day out with my friend Heather.
We started at the South End Open Market and then walked to Chinatown for a great little Vietnamese lunch, and then took a walk through an Asian supermarket I didn't know existed. It was a great find - a ton of snacks from good ol' Vietnam, and even tapioca pearls so I can make bubble tea! They had banh xeo mix, pre cooked rice noddles, papaya's, mini banana's... it was like being back home. I'm so happy to know about it!

Then we did a little shopping in Downtown Crossing. I was highly successful - thanks to Heather. A few new pieces of clothes I can wear to work or when going out, plus a really great pair of red flats and the cutest black pumps. I've never really been a shoe person before - but I can see where this is heading. I wore my red flats to work today and I've been a great mood all morning. It really does just make you feel better. I hope this isn't a trend because my bank account can't handle it... but I've finally got a great pair of heels to wear out - and to work! I really enjoyed spending the day with someone who loves to shop! I've wanted to go shopping for a while but it's so hard for me to get motivated by myself. And living with boys has it's perks (and it's going really well, if you're curious) but it was so nice to just have a girly day.

I'm really looking forward to this week. The second session of the Youth workshop I'm attending is tomorrow, Wednesday is Chorus which I'm really falling in love with again, and Thursday's class is on Urban Education - right up my alley. Then... Halloween in New Orleans and seeing Michelle- finally! Looking forward to a great couple of days. My quote of the day, brought to you by Audrey Hepburn, who I'm sure held a soft spot for shopping and buying fabulous shoes:


"I decided, very early on, just to accept life unconditionally; I never expected it to do anything special for me, yet I seemed to accomplish far more than I had ever hoped. Most of the time it just happened to me without my ever seeking it."- Audrey Hepburn


1 comment:

  1. "banh xeo mix, pre cooked rice noodles, papayas, mini bananas... it was like being back home" food definitely defines a place. i love really living somewhere, missing home

    and then buying clothes, such a fun afternoon! and at what, $40 a piece? (as opposed to "home(?)" where anything is less than $10...) haha! i totally do the same

    we really are privileged, lucky, and loved.

    thank you for existing, im glad i made it here with you =)

    ReplyDelete