30 October 2009

Yesterday was invigorating. The class topic was Urban Education and it was by far my favorite class of the semester. I'm not even sure what I can say about it right now... but it was definitely moving and it only enhanced the fact that I need to work with children. Yes, need. I don't want to teach again. I had my moment, and it was amazing, but it will never been the same. And quite honestly, I'm not qualified and have no intention of changing that fact. I don't want to be a social worker, even though that's exactly the type of work that interests me, but I'm not interested in going to school for sociology. At least not at this point in my life. So where does that leave me? I have no idea. I still don't know if I want to focus on domestic or international. I still don't know if I want to focus on sex trafficking or soley education. I still don't know if I want to focus on children, or women and girls. I could write a book on the things I don't know.

But instead of this bringing me down, I'm actually quite looking forward to finding out exactly where I belong. A good friend told me last night it sounds like it's all related and no matter where I start I'll end up where I want to be. Where I'm suppose to be. Sounds like a plan to me.

If you're interested in the class I attended last night you can find the syllabus here. Yesterday's class has a few powerpoints and a really moving video, which almost brought me to tears. Explore. If you have any idea what I should do with my life, feel free to let me know.

1 comment:

  1. just take classes. many are good and helpful and engaging. why the hell else did i want an earth science minor?

    my next commitments once i "settle for a while": swing dancing, sign language, and piano

    ReplyDelete